Organization and Workplace Previous Projects
TheatreWorks has presented a range of Theatre for Living workshops for the following organizations:
International Development Conference, sponsored by Royal Roads University and VIDEA, Victoria, BC. March 2007
An exploration of our struggle to embrace diversity in our local and international community development work.
UNLABELLED Fashion Workshop, Anti-dote Multiracial Girls and Women's Network, February, 2007.
The Association of Service Providers for Employability and Career Training (ASPECT)
- People, Practice and Policy Conference (Image Theatre) - 2005
- The Resilency Factor Conference (Cops in the Head) - 2006
"River did a wonderful job of providing information, experience and FUN in a respectful way."
"An exciting and memorable workshop. Cops in the Head was wonderfully engaging."
"This work is innovative and invaluable."
- Workshop participants
Centre for Youth and Society, University of Victoria
- Safest Party In Town Conference (Image Theatre) - 2005
- Be the Life of the Party Conference (Image Theatre) - 2006
Aboriginal Mini University, University of Victoria
Image Theatre, Creation of Forum Theatre Performance on Education2005, 2006
Spectrum Youth Project, Victoria
- Four day projects that include Image Theatre, Cops in the Head, Improvisation, and Creation of Forum Theatre Performance - 2006, 2007
"River, you made such an impact on the group and their process"
- Program Facilitator
"Thanks for opening up my heart and soul and dealing with work"
School of Social Work, University of Victoria
- Faculty Retreat (Image Theatre) - 2005
- Undergraduate Program (Image Theatre) - 2004, 2005
Prostitutes Education and Empowerment Society, Victoria
- Image Theatre on Dealing with Stigma and Discrimination 2005
"River is an amazing and powerful facilitator. Participants who were hesitant and unsure that they could 'do theatre' were engaged and enjoyed the process. PEERS now offers Theatre as a core part of the Elements curriculum."
- Elizabeth Miles, Elements Program Coordinator, PEERS.
First Nations Training and Consulting
- Building Safer Communities Aboriginal Youth Conference (Image Theatre on Drinking, Drugs and Driving) - 2005
Power of Hope, Victoria
- Earth Arts Retreat (Image Theatre Creation and Performance) - 2004
Business Victoria Self Employment Program
"Thank you, this was a great way to get me to think outside the box in a fun way."
"I will take away a feeling of self-confidence in my goals."
"I feel energized and renewed."